Wednesday 29 September 2010

The Battle of the Blonde

Over the years I have found that one of my biggest battles as a permanent make-up practitioner is:

The battle of the blonde!


Many of my clients looking for semi permanent eyebrows are blond haired, and therefore will be suited to receiving beautiful blonde eyebrows. Despite this, most of the ladies I talk to still presume this is not an option, and that I can only offer them brown coloured brows, or worse, tattoo ink black eyebrows.

Here is a small colour chart I now keep within my salons to demonstrate to my clients the scope of colour available, from baby blonde to Cleopatra black

 Each colour has a different undertone, here's a quick guide:
(please click to enlarge)


Blonde pigments rest so lightly in the skin that they don't last as long as darker colours, with the absolute lightest blonde shade only lasting 9 months!

...Still sceptical?

Here's an example of a client I treated. She had permanent make-up applied to her brows several years ago. Due to a poorly educated practitioner placing a red based brown pigment into her warm skin tone... the faded result was an unflattering shade of pale orange. This is very common amongst clients who received treatment 5+ years ago, and at a lower than average cost. I implanted a yellow/ green base blonde pigment to counteract the orange tone.

Upon redesigning this client's brows, I had to consider:

1. Working over a poorly implanted shape and colour, and the limitations involved with this.
2. Lack of hair growth.
3. The lightness of the clients hair - combined with the need to use a tone dark enough to conceal the old orange pigment.

But, all of the above are by no means out of the ordinary, and with a skilled practitioner, almost all unsatisfactory work can be improved.

BEFORE


AFTER



Please note:

This photo is the immediate result and the pigment will heal about 30% lighter.

Due to the titanium in blonde pigments and how it sits within the skin, a defined, strong hair-stroke effect is not possible. However, extraordinary improvement can be achieved with successfully implanted pigment, and a well structured shape.


This is understandably something to be cautious about - after all, these brows are going to be framing your face for a while. But rest assured you bloomin' blondes - I have a pigment that's perfect for you.


If you have any further questions, don't hesitate to call me on 07853134460.

1 comment: