Friday 17 September 2010

Beautician vs Artist.


Many semi permanent makeup technicians will have derived from the beauty industry. This is where I am a giant step ahead of every SPMU practitioner in the UK: Having painted and drawn all of my life, I achieved grade A at both GCSE Art and Textiles. Following this I studied Fine Art at BTEC level, and after accomplishing across the board Distinctions here, I followed my passion for art through to university where I successfully gained a 2:1 Ba Hons in Fine Art.


Fine Art is a varied subject, with contemporary art consisting of a broad range of practices in an eclectic variation of mediums. The question of what is art? is more appropriate than ever before. But I have always been a traditionalist. Painting and drawing have been a constant part of my practice, and developing the mentality of an “artist” is invaluable. I will thoroughly look and take the time to assess my client’s features, just as I would any canvas. My hand to eye coordination is a gift that I often taken for granted and I have a natural understanding of colour theory, enabling my clients to receive the right tone and shade of pigment for their skin. I also have an innate desire to constantly asses, analyse and scrutinise my own work, I am my own worst critic! But this is what makes me a trust worthy and successful practitioner.

Fine Art is an intense practice, I have spent countless hours studying the human form, perfecting proportion and scale, dissecting the multi faceted nature of skin tone, observing life models and ultimately challenging paint to represent flesh.

Permanent cosmetics are an exquisite and precise art form, who could you trust more to enhance your features than an experienced, technically skilled and educated artist?

No comments:

Post a Comment